Friday, May 10, 2013

Great Chesapeake Bay Swimagain!

I've spent the past four months in a chlorine fog. Weekends dominated by trips to the pool. Hours of back and forth, back and forth, hundreds of mindless laps, thousands of yards....Shew!
 
The Bay Swim is one month away. Yes, I'm giving it another shot this year. Last year's goal was to finish; this year's goal is to finish under 3.5 hours. I'm pumped!

The long swims this past winter haven't felt so torturous. You know what you gotta do and you just get it done. It helps to have company. Tomorrow, my swim peeps and I are up for 7700 yards. That's 4.3 miles. Might as well round it off to 8,000 for 4.5 miles, right? What's another 300 when you're going that far?!


So here's our route across the bay. We just stay in between the two bridge spans and we're fine. Let's hope the weather's this awesome and the bay is this calm!

No comments:

Post a Comment