Friday, May 25, 2012

No No Nokesville

May 20th
Distance: 43 miles
Goal:  Just get it done 

Here I go again on my own,
Riding down the only road I've ever known;
Like a drifter I was born to ride alone,
But I've made up my mind,
I ain't wastin' no more time
So here I go again....

I've adopted this modified Whitesnake song as my new theme song as I once again hit the road alone to get my miles in. This time I chose Nokesville...the scene of our big fat 120 miler before IMAZ.  Ah, the memories. 

Well, not exactly. I was in no mood to reminisce; I just wanted to get it done and move on. I had originally intended to ride 50, but became so bored with it all that I cut it short at 43. What's up with that? It's not like I ride with anyone during our team rides anyway. Why am I bored now and not bored then?!

Whatever the reason, I won't choose Nokesville for my next solo ride. There's no scenery--not even an interesting fence running across a nice pasture. There aren't any cute houses either. In fact, on one long desolate stretch of road I got creeped out. It looked like the kind of place one would dump an old washing machine. Or a body.

I did manage to get a couple of accidental sprints in when I got chased by a dog at two different points in the ride. I say dog, but one was more of a snarling beast! On the bright side, I needed the sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment