Sunday, January 29, 2012

My First 5,000

 
5,000 Yards = 2.8 miles =  Farthest I've ever swam

It took me two hours, but I managed to complete my first 5,000 yard swim of the year. Great Chesapeake Bay Swim training is underway big time! I broke it up into sets of 500 to keep track of my laps, which helped. And I threw in an extra 100 yards at the end just in case I miscounted (because, you know, missing four laps out of 200 would just completely throw off my training!).

Two hours is a long time to be staring at the bottom of the pool but Priscilla, Tracey, and Nicolas helped break up the monotony. At one point, P popped over in my lane and announced that we were going to race! OMG, I was so out of breath just racing her a mere 25 yards! Then we raced back and I must have been in Zone 5 the whole way! Sheesh.

Afterward we hit the Mellow Mushroom for pizza, bringing back memories of IMAZ :).






No comments:

Post a Comment