Looking back, much like in 2011, I wound up with two huge goals: The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim and the Tussey mOUnTaINback 50 Miler. I would succeed in one, come close in the other. Regardless, I swam and ran farther than ever before.
The other 17 races on my calendar? They were mostly about making 2012 the Year of Fun, of course! P and I were on the mud race - half marathon circuit for the first part of the year.
All of that, plus CompuWTF and countless laps in the pool and I was burned out by the time Musselman rolled around! I seriously began to wonder if I had an exercise addiction --or at least a sign-up-for-races addiction! LOL
| Operation Hello Janet |
| Election Night at Obama Campaign HQ, Chicago |
And...I guess it wouldn't be a thorough Year in Review without mentioning what consumed my life for much of the year: the presidential election. From the New Hampshire and Florida primaries to the presidential debates to the Democratic National Convention to Election Day in Chicago--it was all election, all the time. Couldn't wait for it to be over....
So now we say farewell to another year....and welcome in 2013. More about that later...But for now, Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment