Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Dear Year of Fun,
I fear you may not be relevant anymore. I must confess, I've gotten a bit carried away.
I know, I know. I was supposed to take it relatively easy this year.Nothing serious or hardcore. A mud run here, a sprint tri there. Throw in a couple of road trips, some cheering, and voila! Fun!
But somewhere along the Road to Fun, I seem to have taken a detour. What, with a pair of 3 mile swims, a 4 mile Bay Swim, a half-Ironman, assorted mud runs, half marathons, and sprints and olys... Oh, and then there's that little 50 miler I just signed up for. The Year of Fun is slowly turning into the Year of Hard Training.
In my defense I offer up the Eight Irresistible Principles of Fun (brought to you by the jocular folks at www.boxofcrayons.biz). Most notably, I refer you to Prinicple #4:
"Start scaring yourself. Explore the edges. Dip your toe in the bold, the outrageous, and the unthinkable."
Let's see...I'm definitely scared and living on the edge of sanity. Words like outrageous and unthinkable accurately describe the year before me. Perhaps we can resurrect you, Year of Fun, redefine you. You know it's all about how you spin it.
Sincerely Having Fun,
Sally
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bye Bye Year of Fun! P.
ReplyDelete